Diet is the sum total of food consumed by an individual. The term diet implies some of the specific intakes of nutrition for maintenance of good health, weight management, and other reasons. There are a number of different types of diet like therapeutic diet, ketogenic diet, weight loss diet, and several others. At any point in time, if you wish to know the appropriate diet plan for yourself, it would be ideal to get in touch with an expert dietician in Gurgaon for getting the best solutions.
A healthy diet plan is of immense importance to maintain an overall good wealth. The diet should be balanced and include all necessary nutrients, vitamins, minerals, along with other required elements to keep the body healthy. In this regard, it is always recommended to consult an expert, and no other option would be as good as a renowned nutritionist in Gurgaon. Thus, if you wish to know the most suitable diet for yourself, it is the nutritionist who can come to your rescue.
What is Therapeutic Diet?
A therapeutic diet or healing diet is a specialized diet form that includes consuming certain foods or nutrients as a part of the treatment plan or healing plan. The diet plan is tailored to meet the specific needs of every patient or individual to adapt to the changing nutritional requirements rightly. This, in turn, quite vital in helping the patients or individuals to deal with their condition in the best possible manner.
This form of diet is a modified form of the normal diet so that the specific nutritional needs of the concerned individual are effectively met. The therapeutic diet is planned by the doctor or a nutritionist on a temporary basis for the purpose of healing or preventing certain health conditions. It is always recommended that the diet should not be planned by individuals themselves, and instead, they should be consulting an expert dietician in Gurgaon for getting the most appropriate solution in this regard. There are a number of different types of therapeutic diets that are prepared by the nutritionists as per the precise requirements of every individual for dealing with a specific condition. A few of the most common types of therapeutic diet are listed below.
- A diabetic or calorie-controlled diet
- Gluten-free diet
- High fiber diet
- Low-fat diet
- Clear liquid diet
- Low sodium diet
- Renal diet
A professional nutritionist in Gurgaon makes sure to carefully assess the individuals before chalking out the diet plan for them. It is precisely the reason as to why it is recommended to consult an expert for getting the best solutions in this regard.
Purpose of Therapeutic Diet
To make it easier to understand, we have listed the major reasons why a therapeutic diet is prescribed by nutritionists.
- The diet helps in maintaining or restoring a good and optimal nutritional status
- It plays a vital role in correcting the deficiency that has occurred in the individuals
- A therapeutic diet helps in adjusting the ability of the body to ingest, digest, absorb, metabolize, or excrete
- The diet helps in adjusting the tolerance of the body towards intake of food
- It is planned to provide relief or rest to any specific organ-like in gastritis
- The diet helps appropriately repleting individuals who are malnourished due to any disease or condition
- It excludes all foods that cause allergies or intolerance
- The diet is altered to increase or decrease body weight or composition as per requirements
- The diet is vital in adjusting any mechanical difficulties in the body like chewing in elderly people
- Opting for a different diet plan acts as an alternative treatment plan or complementary to various medicines or drugs for better treatment
Benefits of Therapeutic Diet
There are a number of benefits of a therapeutic diet that are as follows.
- It cuts down the risk of a wide array of diseases such as cardiac diseases, diabetes, osteoporosis, and many more
- It helps in easing blood pressure
- Lowers the high level of cholesterol in the body
- Enhances the body’s immunity to a significant extent
- Reading enhances the energy level of the body
- The diet plays a significant role in balancing the body’s hormones
- It helps to reduce stress
- It brings about an improvement in the digestive system
- The therapeutic diet helps to maintain overall good health and improve well being to a great extent
| Also Read: The Healthy Diet for a healthy you – Dietician Ashu Gupta |
How Do Dieticians help in Therapeutic Diet?
An experienced dietician makes sure to chalk out a healthy diet plan for every individual after a careful assessment of both conditions as well as the requirement of every individual. The dieticians are experts in this field and know exactly what to do to come up with the most suitable therapeutic diet plan. The dietician helps in planning the diet by considering the following.
- Introducing all the required nutrients in the diet
- Eliminating or omitting the undesired elements from the diet
- Changing the consistency of diet
- Increase or decrease in the energy value of the diet
- Adjusting the balance as well as the ratio of all nutrients, minerals, vitamins, and others in the diet
- Bringing about a change in the frequency of meals
The dieticians consider the socioeconomic history, medical history, and dietary history in addition to considering the present condition as well as the requirement of individuals before coming with the most appropriate therapeutic diet plan for them.
How Can Ashu Gupta’s Clinic Help You Plan the Right Diet?
Dr. Ashu Gupta is a premier dietician and nutritionist in Gurgaon, helping individuals to plan their diet in the right way. With several years of experience and expertise as a nutritionist and dietician, Dr. Ashu Gupta chalks out the most appropriate diet plan depending on the precise needs of every individual. Thus, at any point in time you are looking forward to knowing the most appropriate diet for yourself or any special type of diets such as therapeutic diet, weight loss diet, or any others, no other option would be as good as Ashu Gupta’s Diet Clinic. So, get in touch with the expert dietician soon to what is best for you.