With the weather turning cold and colder outside, it is quite easy to fall prey to fatty treats outside during winters. The cold months are considered the hardest to stick with the diet and weight issues. But, we must maintain our shape and eat healthy all around the year. It is very important that we watch what we eat and eat only nutritious foods and avoid certain foods that are typical during the colder months.
The toughest part with the winter months is to keep off the heavier foods and get moving outside our homes. Winters are the best months for a variety of seasonal yields, especially in the fruit and vegetable category. Let’s make use of these natures’ gifts to us and stay healthy and slim.
Follow these golden dieting rules and stay slim in the winter:
- Eat a heavy breakfast: Having a wholesome meal for breakfast provides the body with all the necessary nutrients needed by the body and it also aids in weight loss. Foods like cereals, milk, fresh juices, oats, and vegetables add an extra dose of health in us and provide the body with all the needed energy it requires to carry through the day. Moreover, it keeps us full and thus stopping us from gorging on fatty foods from outside.
- Consume more of high water-containing foods: Fruits and stewed vegetables, soups, hot cereals are a great way to intake water through foods and lose weight. Watery vegetables keep us full and also add quality without adding extra calories.
- No package foods please: Package foods have all that will aid in your weight gains like salt, sugar, saturated fats, and added chemicals. Foods like chips, cookies, cakes, biscuits, and even Maggie should be avoided if you want to stay in shape during winters.
- Increase your protein intake: Protein helps to keep your tummy full for longer than any other foods and does not let you eat fatty foods from outside. Beans, legumes; eggs; fish, and lean chicken are the best sources of proteins. Avoid meats and full-fat dairy.
- Have your sweets responsibly: There is no harm in treating yourself once in a while. It is necessary not to keep off your favourite foods. When going for sweets, choose your options wisely and try to satisfy your sweet indulgence using fruits and fruit products.
- Sleep well: It is advisable to get more sleep during winter. Get up early and drench yourself under the sun and sleep early, so that you are unable to munch on unhealthy midnight snacks.
Here is a list of some foods that should be a part of your regular diet during winters to keep off the weight:
- Polenta: This corn dish is high in complex cards and fibres, low in cholesterol and a great source of plenty of vitamins and minerals.
- Guava: This sweet tropical food is not only great to taste, but is also rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium. They have high levels and antioxidants and are very good for heart health.
- Sunflower seeds: These healthy snaky seeds are good in suppressing your appetite during winter and are rich sources of vitamin E, selenium, and magnesium.
4.Papayas: Rich in vitamin C and A, papayas are very important during the winters. Keep the weight off with ripped papayas without adding any calories.
5.All-natural honey: It is a natural sweetener that helps to boost energy levels, the antioxidants strengthen the immune system, and the antimicrobial properties help against bacteria causing sore throats.
In any season, eating healthy and mindfully is the key to weight loss and good health. With the tips above from expert dietician Ahsu Gupta, stay fit, stay healthy, and stay slim this winter.